Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, Monday Swamp Buggy Races






Wow, what a weekend this was. I assisted another vendor who was short on help at an event called "Swamp buggy races" in Collier County, Fl. It was quite the happening place. I was amazed at the crowd it drew and the diversity.

I met a family from Denmark, two couples from England, several from Canada and even a chap from Australia. All to see a group of good ole boys (and girls) race around a circle in the mud. Time trials were held on Saturday with the final heats and winners trophies presented on Sunday.

The highlight of this event for me was the Swamp Buggy Queen being taken out in the mud on a buggy and dumped in the water. A beautiful girl in a beautiful gown dunked in the mud. Now you would really want to be queen to go through this tradition.




The theme of the day seemed to be mud and racing though there was plenty of food to be eaten and merchandise to be purchased. Here is a picture of my new version of my "Redneck Windchimes" designed for the south. Cowboy hats, camouflage, beer and the rebel confederate flag were high on the list too. I wouldn't want to be the one to tell this group of guys the south lost.

Hope you enjoyed sharing this weekend adventure with me. When you meet this type of crowd, so friendly and down to earth, it really doesn't seem like work at all. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

} catch(err) {}