Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, Monday

Good morning! Well, at least it I think it is morning. I found myself getting up at 4:00 a.m. to watch the space shuttle launch. As many of you know, I wanted to see the last night launch. It appeared I would get that chance as my husband came home on Sat, and we ventured to see it, but it was cancelled due to weather. He had to go out on Sunday, so not traveling again or staying over. I was determined and since Florida isn't that far across, I thought I would give it a shot watching it from Crystal River. Well the night lit up like the world was on fire, I could see it like it was next door, and then the shuttle launched and the most I saw was something that resembled a flare. I was totally dissappointed, but it is done. But this is why I am dragging this morning. I am not the kind of person that gets up at 4:00 a,m. goes outside to take pictures in the cold (yea I know, 30's isn't cold), and then come back inside and goes right back to sleep. I had to play solitare for about an hour before I went back to sleep. Okay, that said, lets get on with today's blog.




Today I am going to share a recipe that I ran across at one of my shows. I did a show a few years back in Crescent City, Fl. It has a lovely old cracker town feel but limited restaurant choices. We set up in the town square and were able to walk to a downtown Mexican market which also offered a diner on one side. I ordered chicken tacos. Now with Taco Bell being my favorite restaurant, I didn't think of options. Out came my tacos, soft and very minimal. They were the best tacos I have ever had and I very thoroughly figured out the recipe and I have it as often as I can, especially when my hubby is on the road.

Chicken Tacos
You will need 1 rotissere chicken from deli
Corn tortilla shells
Shredded cheese
Cilantro
Taco Sauce or Salsa

Debone the rotissere chicken and discard the carcus. Shred the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.

Wash cilantro good to remove sand and dirt. Remove the leaves from the stems. You will need approx 1/2 tsp per taco.

Using a flat skillet, larger than the size of the tortillas, heat up and add small amount of oil to bottom. Take each tortilla and fry until it begins to bubble and just turns light brown. Remove and place on plate with paper towel between each tortilla. You might have to add oil throughout this process.

With that step done you are ready to start the assembly. Take each tortilla, add chicken, top with cilantro, salsa and cheese. Now bite into them and take a trip down south of the border.

You can use any toppings you like, onion, sour cream, but I love the original taste so much, I don't want to muddy the waters.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Menagerie Soaps said...

Yum, great easy recipe. Thanks!

Post a Comment

} catch(err) {}