Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Festive Friday

Been a busy week with flea markets, thrift stores and working on new merchandise for my upcoming show. This is a benefit to raise money for the Levy County animal shelter. I am looking forward to getting back out there and see how my new line of merchandise is working.

I repurposed several items that I found at the flea markets and thrift stores. I took a canvas that was mounted in an ornate plastic frame. It originally had fruit painted on the canvas; it was primed barn red over black and then sanded to give that well worn look. A frosty beer mug and the words "Free Beer Tomorrow" were added and then grunged with paint and stain. I think it turned out well.


I had several rectangular boards, so the perfect fit, a checkerboard. Again I used the technique of painting barn red over black, grunged and painted a black checkerboard pattern. And look, it actually has checkers. A hook on the back allows for a great wall accent.



The finale; I painted an old rusty hand saw. It was sanded, cleaned and painted in a warm cream. Note the handle was left as it was. Then after applying a warm antique process, the words, Faith, Family, Friends was added in black paint. Several barn red stars add the finishing touch. Another great accent for that primitive decor.


I hope you enjoyed these makeovers. I will be off to the show this weekend, my first of the season. Wish me luck and I will see you on Monday with a great recipe for blackened salmon.

Till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

} catch(err) {}