Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Monday, Monday - What's for dinner


One of my favorite dishes is salmon. Grilled, blackened, baked, or in salmon cakes; I love it. So today I share my recipe with you for blackened salmon. This is a quick and easy recipe, so let's get started.

I use salmon filets. Cut each section in 5" pieces and wash good. Pat dry and set aside. Now on to the seasoning mix.

1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp old bay seasoning, pinch of salt, and black pepper. Mix well and put on wax paper. Take each piece of fish and roll in the seasoning mix and then place in a preheated skillet on med/high heat. Cook each side for 3 to 5 minutes. The salmon should feel firm to touch. Be careful not to overcook. This will result in a dry texture. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.

As you can see, my favorite way to serve the salmon is with wild rice and steamed brocoli. To make it even simpler, I have used Uncle Ben's microwave rice packages. Steam the brocoli while you are cooking the salmon and dinner is ready in no time.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

} catch(err) {}