Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Joy of Creating

I was very fortunate to have two different items from my Etsy store featured in Treasuries and blogs this past week. If you are familiar with Etsy, you know any member can create a treasury based on a color, theme or any other criteria using items of other Etsy members.
The first item was my redneck wind chimes featured in a blog by Debra from Missouri. Her blog http://thehicksfix.blogspot.com/2010/06/yee-haw-time-fer-another-hillbilly.html focuses on good down home fun. My wind chimes fit right in and are so much fun to create. I get such a welcome response when I display them at my shows; everything from “hey these would be great for my dad” to “my son-in-law really needs these.” Everyone gets a chuckle and that is how it is intended, a great gag gift. Check out Debra’s blog, I found it very enjoyable.



The other item is also one I love to create. It is not as popular in the north as in Florida, but it is still a great item; and it sums up my sentiment on most days. It is the “It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere” slate. This was featured in a treasury created by Corkycrafts. She found an entire line of 5 O’clock items, each one unique in its own way. Check out her treasury http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=100309. I am sure you will enjoy her finds and look at CorkyCraft’s Etsy store. She has a unique way to repurpose corks. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Corkycrafts.

Well I am off for today, I am working on a new line of magnets based on a previous line of humorous signs I have created in the past. Check back tomorrow for a sampling of those. I hope you have a great day and make it a great one!

1 comment:

The Hick Chick said...

Awwww, thanks so much! Your items are so much fun - it was my pleasure! :)

Post a Comment

} catch(err) {}